Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 12-Teaching a professional web presence

I learned how to make a web page using google sites. We were introduced to google sites to help us make a professional web page for potential employers to see. In today's society many employers will now either look at your facebook, myspace, or live journal, so it is good to have a professional alternative for employers to look at.

This will be extremely beneficial to me when I become a teachers because when I go to interview for a job at a school the principal can look at my web page to see all of my accomplishments, and experiences in education. I feel that they will be impressed with a web page because it will show that I am serious about a career and it will stray away from them looking at my facebook. Also I can show my students how to make one so when they go for a job or apply for a program they can show this instead and make a good impression on that specific person.

This is a tutorial on how to use google sites. He shows you how to set up a google site step by step and uses images. This is extremely helpful incase you forget how to do a step and need a small reminder or you are using google sites for the first time. This was a very helpful how to video.

No comments:

Post a Comment