Thursday, October 8, 2009

Week 7 Digital Story Telling

The digital story telling lesson was a lot of fun to learn about. I enjoyed being introduced to new websites and programs that could help make a movie. I have never known how to do this so being able to learn and find out all of these different websites was a great learning experience. With this lesson I learned how to make movies with videos and pictures, by using new techniques. These movie makers take your pictures and allows them to transition as if it was a movie.I learned also how to make cartoons on goanimate.com, which allows you to have fun and make a wide range of differnt cartoons. I have had a Mac for years and never knew how to work iMovie, with this lesson I was able to finally learn how to use it, by adding pictures, aranging them into a story, and add music to it. On animoto.com I can make a movie there as well, they provide you with pictures and music but you can always add your own too.

This is extremely beneficial as an education major. In the education college there are many projects that have to be done, mostly visiual, and being able to do something other than a power point would be very impressive to a professor. As a teacher iMovie would help out with introducing a new lesson or studying vocab words. I want to work with elementary special education children, and I feel that they would get the most benefit from goanimate.com, the site where you can make cartoons. These are fun and more appealing to younger children. When you add fun in with the learning the students will not ever realize they are actually learning something. The cartoon movies would help me teach these children with a more fun approach.


This is a video on a goanimate.com tutorial. It shows you have to make a goanimate and some of the cool features that they offer on the website. We learned how to make a goanimate in class but if for some reason I was not sure on a step or forgot where to find a certain effect I could refer back to this video and it would remind me where to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment